MINEHEAD, SKEGNESS AND HARROGATE
A message from Spring Harvest Planning Group Chair, Gavin Calver
Spring Harvest is deeply sorry to announce that our four 2020 events at Minehead, Skegness and Harrogate will no longer go ahead. Plans are already in hand to use creative online methods instead, delivering Spring Harvest’s unique worship, teaching and all-age content to homes in the UK and beyond.
We are grateful to the many people who have supported us in prayer over the last few days as we have grappled with this unprecedented situation.
The decision has been driven by our duty of care to guests, team and the wider community. Recent changes to government advice, advising people to avoid social contact and mass gatherings, followed by discussions with Butlin’s have caused us to implement a range of contingency plans.
The financial consequences for Spring Harvest will be serious. We are asking all guests and friends to help ensure the future of the event by making a financial donation. Spring Harvest’s Gavin Calver says:
“We are in an unprecedented situation. Please do pray for us and please would you consider donating some of your refund to ensure that Spring Harvest’s unique ministry continues? We would be so grateful for any help whatsoever.”
Donations can be made online at springharvest.org/support/give/
What happens now?
– Transactions and bookings for Spring Harvest Minehead and Skegness are made with Butlin’s. Guests will receive a full refund automatically within the next 28 days.
– Spring Harvest Harrogate bookings have been made directly with Spring Harvest and these lead bookers will hear from us within the next 48 hours.
– Essential Christian team members are contacting exhibitors, suppliers, contractors and key team members to discuss how they will be affected.
What will be the consequences of this decision?
– The Spring Harvest Planning Group and wider team share the deep disappointment that will be felt by thousands of loyal Spring Harvest guests. We believe that the Unleashed theme of “The Acts Church Today” is all the more relevant in the current crisis.
– We are not about to go quiet: a team is already hard at work finding alternative channels and creative methods to share the theme with an even wider audience.
– More than ever, Spring Harvest is in need of your prayers and support. Please join us in praying that many unexpected positive outcomes will result from this disappointment – for individuals, communities, churches and nations.
We want to thank those many people who have responded to our plea for “calmness, understanding, kindness, wisdom and prayer” in recent days. This remains our request and we will issue a further update, including answers to FAQs, later this week.
Pete Broadbent, Chair of the Essential Christian Board
Gavin Calver, Chair of the Spring Harvest Planning Group
Peter Martin, CEO, Essential Christian Group
18 March 2020