Our admin team are some of the unsung heroes of Spring Harvest! Based in the team office, our admin team volunteers are the ones who help us process and handle vast amounts of information and data, not to mention dashing out for vital last minute supplies and dealing with whatever enquiries may come our way! Each day is varied and this role gives you opportunities to enjoy the Spring Harvest programme when not on shift. There are times when there is lots to do and it can feel a little pressured, particularly at the start of the break, but there are also times where it is more relaxed and there is opportunity to get to know your fellow team members better.
If you are an active, enthusiastic team player who has experience of an office environment and up to date computer experience (ideally Windows 8 minimum), who enjoys turning their hand to whatever task is needed, we want to hear from you!
What you could be doing:
- Responding to and dealing with requests for information efficiently
- Operating radio base (full training given)
- Answering phone calls and dealing quickly and efficiently with messages
- Processing orders and data entry
- Creating posters or other items as needed
- Helping with Team Registration
- Photocopying and printing
- Running errands and shopping (which may involve driving)
- Helping process offering information
- Spotting situations in which you can help!
You will need:
- Positive and flexible attitude in a busy office atmosphere
- Enthusiasm for team work
- Good communication skills
- Experience in using MS Office
- Experience in using general office equipment (Eg. photocopiers, laminators)
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- A clean driving licence would be beneficial (please bring with you)
- Experience of using radios would be beneficial (but not essential as training given)
- A typical day at Minehead and Skegness will alternate between 2 x 5 hour shifts (7.45am – 1pm and 5.45pm – 11pm) and 1 x 5 hour shift (12.45pm – 6pm). In Harrogate a typical day will be either one longer shift, or two shorter shifts.
- You will also need to participate in the set-up and/or packdown of Spring Harvest for
which we would ask you to be available for additional periods of time.
Average Team Size:
- Minehead and Skegness – 8 team members per break
- Harrogate – 3 team members